Tessa

My 3 cats get along great. With Hurricane Sandy, we lost power. When power came back on, suddenly, a big fight broke out

I am disabled and suffering a lot right now so getting to a vet is hard to impossible.

Only other time that there were fights was when we got back to Massachusetts after the very long drive from NC. For a couple of weeks, the same two kitties had fights, my little older girl and my young boy who normally is a loving kitty--they all are. I worry because he is more than twice her size. My neighbor mentioned that when the power came back on, her dog reacted--there are sounds that we cannot hear--they did--that was when the fight broke out yesterday. Just really anxious....

Asked by Tessa on Oct 31st 2012 in Aggression

Answers

I am so sorry for your troubles and your pain. I can tell you that even though we weren't as badly affected as some people, I have never seen my animals (3 cats & 2 dogs) as nervous as they were Tuesday night. They didn't pick fights, but paced, panted, hid and were very scared. Because you, their "leader" are stressed and upset, they're upset as well. I'm sure things will calm down as things get back to normal. If you are close with your neighbor, perhaps she can come over for a little while once a day or so and help you play with the cats, give them treats and just generally be calm and kind to them. It will settle down and get better as all this passed. God bless and I hope all is well soon for you.