My 2yr old cat, feces has began to really STINK & shes been having bad gas..

I've changed her food a couple times to c if it'd help, but it hasn't... If I had extra $ shed be at the vet an I wouldn't be askin on here lol pls sumone help... Ty

Asked by Member 1149200 on Jan 9th 2013 Tagged cat, gas, feces, stink in Health & Wellness

Answers

A cat can have digestive upsets for many reasons. It's impossible for us to tell if she has a health problem or if being "gassy" is just the way she is. If you suddenly change food w/o gradually mixing the new food in with her old food. that can add to her issues. She could also be picking things up around your house (like people food or munching on plants)and that's what's causing it. Is her stomach hard and does it look bloated? Is she lethargic, "off her feed" and hiding? Are her stools loose and watery? Can you hear her stomach growling? Does she get upset if you gently press on her stomach? All those things could indicate a problem. Also, just a thought, but I changed litter recently and that was a BIG mistake. The new litter doesn't clump well or cover the odor of my 3 cats "leave-behinds". That was MY fault, not their's. I know you said you can't afford a vet, but most will work with you on payments. You may be able to solve the issue in one visit. Look for low-cost clinics.

Just a note about low cost clinics ... your local Humane Society will have a list of low cost, sliding scale clinics and very often those clinics will have an 'open' day for low income and homeless people to bring their pets in for check ups, shots and consultations for free. Seriously worth a call!