My 2 14 year old cats live outside all the time now, is it right?

We got 2 kittens 14 years ago, and they are 14 now, but we have moved and the landlord won't let them come in the house what so ever, so we're having them live outside in the garden, we cut a cat flap in the shed and put food and milk in there and a fur blanket, but they keep crying at the door and i harldy ever see them in the shed.

Asked by Member 975738 on Mar 20th 2010 in Health & Wellness

Answers

King

I would find another place to live . They are used to being inside with you and feel like you a punishing them . Cann't he let make an exception in your case ? How about paying a pet deposit or extra for letting them in the house . This is the reason why when moving into a new place you should check everthing out before signing anything . Many a pet owner ends up getting rid of there pets for this reason . Also I hope that they are not declawed , because that is just down right NOT GOOD if they are outside . They can not protect theselves form strays or any other animals .

King answered on 3/20/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Spike

I agree with King. Cats can live to be 20 or more, but while 14 is not elderly, it's more than middle-aged, and making your cats live outside is not good for them. I don't know where you're located, but if it's a place that gets cold in the winter, that's not good news--even with a fur blanket. Not to mention that outdoor cats can get run over by cars, catch nasty diseases from other cats, or be savaged or eaten by other creatures. I would recommend that you consider moving, for the sake of your cats. Good luck.

Spike answered on 3/20/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer