My 22 year old cat just started to have labored breathing but she is still eating and drinking water what is going on wi

My 22 year old cat just started to have labored breathing but she is still eating and drinking water what is going on with her. I am going to take her to the vet tomorrow but what should I expect from this?

Asked by Member 285510 on Mar 30th 2010 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Salmon Face

Labored breathing is a serious symptom that requires immediate medical attention. I would suggest taking her to an emergency clinic right away. Not eating/drinking are also very serious, especially taking into account your cat's much older age. Please take her to the vet as soon as possible so the vet can determine what is going on. You may want to have someone come with you that can offer you support. There may be something the vet can do to treat your kitty, but with her old age you may also want to prepare yourself for a possible discussion about euthanasia. If you decide to go ahead with treatments, I'm assuming the vet will want to hospitalize your kitty. You may want to bring her a blanket from home that she can have in the kennel with her so she has some scents from home to make her more comfortable.

Salmon Face answered on 3/31/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer