Luna Skye

My 21/2 yr old rescued kitty had been thru alot then she was fostered for 6 mos by a great foster family ....she lays ne

How can I get hervto trust me more or enjoy being loved, held, petted or sit on my lap ..any kind of attention would be nice?!! Also why does she ONLY Want to play all the time and has been whining like mad and we play with her many times daily!

Asked by Luna Skye on May 14th 2013 Tagged play, attention, lap, noholding, obsessed in Behavior & Training

Best Answer

I have worked with many abused and neglected cats in my years with animal rescue. I can tell you NOT to take Luna's behavior personally. You asked this before, didn't you? It takes time for a cat to adjust to a new home, especially if she has been in many in her life and some not so good ones. If the foster had several cats, Luna had to vie for attention even if the foster was a good one. Luna has to decide for herself, with your love and understanding, of course, that this IS her forever home. She's been "fooled" before. And, not all cats are cuddle bugs, as we said previously. She may become one, but for now, give her time and as many playtimes as you can. Pawmail me if you want to "talk". I'd be happy to hear from you!

Izadore (Izzie) answered on May 15th.

There Are No Other Answers