Bella

My 1 year old cat Bella, has peed on my blanket (usually piled up at the foot of my bed) several times.

Over the past couple of months. Her litterbox is cleaned daily and she has never done this before or anywhere else. My blanket is in the dryer as we speak... Whats going on with her? How can I avoid this craziness?

Asked by Bella on Jul 10th 2013 Tagged peeing in Behavior & Training

Answers

She could be acting out if she is an only cat and you work and are not home often. Negative attention is still attention. Has anything changed in the cat's environment? Use a pheromone reducer in the wash like Get Serious and avoid flowery detergent and fabric softener smells- cats smell so much better than we do that their own urine odor is preferable to fragrances. Finally, has anything changed- cat litter, a catmate, boyfriend, etc? You might want to change to a non-hooded cat pan if you have a hooded one. Make sure to spend extra time with her and clean the bed under the blankets as well. A few treats like Greenies SmartBites are a special way to say Luv U to her before you go out!! ^_^

Cats usually avoid the litter box for 2 main reasons. One is stress and the other is health reasons. If Bella has not been to the vet recently, she needs to go--for a general health check and specifically for a urine test/culture. She could have a urinary tract infection that is making it painful for her to urinate and crazy as it sounds, cats think the box is causing their pain.