My 1 1/2 year old cat is acting like she is going through heat but she was just in heat in December. Should I be worried

She keeps rolling around on her back and almost yelling when she meows. But it only happens after I come home from being gone for a while or if I haven't gave her much attention. I know she can't be pregnant but I feel something hard in her belly. I'm very worried and not sure what to do. Is she just trying to get my attention or is something really wrong with her? Thanks for the help!

Asked by Member 1151405 on Jan 22nd 2013 in Behavior & Training

Answers

In a word, yes,you should be worried. Not about her health,though. Female cats will contiinue to come into heat every few weeks until they become pregnant. If she unintentionally escapes your home, she will be gone until she comes back pregnant, if at all. The only way to avoid this behavior and, more importantly, a litter of kittens who will have an uncertain future is to have her spayed, NOW! You can contact a vet or a shelter/rescue for information on low or no-cost spay/neuter clinics. Please have her spayed!