My 18 year old cat seems to have a sore on his chin near his lip. Its oozing clear pus and a little blood. help

Asked by Member 1154270 on Feb 8th 2013 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Mr Meow

My best advice is to take them to the vet's office ASAP. If they seem to be in pain just comfort them and massage their chest with your thumbs. That could ease the muscles and calm them. Get them checked at the vet's soon.
Hope this will help! Kitty kisses from my cats Baby Junior & Mr. Meow.

Mr Meow answered on 2/9/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I would take your baby to the vet- get it tested for FIV and FeLV (Feline Aids an Feline Leukemia) This symptom can be a tell-tale sign of this horrible cat killer. There are meds that can be used to treat and make your kitty more comfortable. And Hopefully, the vet tells you- it is not either FIV or FeLV, but something simple..I just know that mouth sores are a common problem with this disease. If it is FIV or FeLV your kitty can still live many years if properly cared for. Good Luck..