my 14 year old tuxedo male is all a sudden not meowing. came home from thanksgiving and was and has not been meowing at

Is there a chance that my Jakes meow box is going out or that he might have an infection in his throut...maybe he might need his teeth to be cleaned.

Asked by Member 1142622 on Nov 27th 2012 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Merlin

Anytime a cat suddenly changes their behavior is is time for concern. It seem unlikely that his meow box ran out. Most vocal cats will continue talking until their last breath.

It may only be something minor, however, he may also have ingested something (such as a turkey splinter) and it is stuck in his throat. He could have been stressed by something you brought home, or the trip itself.

I would suggest an immediate exam of his throat to rule out something that might turn into a bigger problem. Taking the time to rule out a potential problem now, may save you a lot of stress and worry in days to come.

Merlin answered on 11/28/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer