my 11yr old just had surgery for crystals what food and treats are best?

he had to have his inside fixed /was a man now has a pee hole ?

Asked by Member 1140778 on Nov 15th 2012 in Other Food & Nutrition

Answers

Joey

Joey had surgery for bladder stones in 2007 - he did not have to have the more invasive surgery it sounds like your baby did. After his surgery we tried the CD formula wet food - tried is the operative word here - Joey rejected it wholeheartedly - so ultimately we decided to stick with his favorite wet food (Fancy Feast) - with added water - and forego any and all dry food (although I give him dental treats that are crunchy). I think a lot depends on what kind of stones your kitty had on whether or not they will reoccur - Joey had struvite stone which are the less common stones. Luckily he has not had a reoccurrence; he is happy and healthy and has lost weight to boot! Going to an all wet diet and increasing your baby’s water intake is key for any kitty with stones. Follow your vet's advice but use your own instincts as well. Good luck.

Joey answered on 11/15/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer