Mia

Moving - What to do with two stray, outdoor cats?

I am located in the Raleigh/Durham, NC area. I a moving soon and there are two outdoor, stray cats that have been coming around. One is extremely timid and the other very friendly. I would like to find a rescue group or someone willing to feed them once I'm gone. I was able to trap one of the cats and get him fixed/vacinated. He was scanned for a chip, but none was found. I haven't been successful with trapping the second cat. I would appreciate rescue/foster information in the Raleigh/Durham area, or any other suggestions. Thank you.

Asked by Mia on Feb 27th 2014 Tagged stray, rescue, outdoor, feeding, moving in Other Adoption & Rescue

Answers

I am a rescuer and the best thing to do is take them with you, most people will not feed them and they can end up with worms, fleas and other illness. You can get the other cat by using our
tuna and put it on top of dry cat food or can have
a crate ready and open or put the dish close to
the door of the crate it does work. Rescues and shelters always will say they are full and will not help these poor babies are left to fend for themselves. I have three that I took in from owners that abandon them and they love being inside now but they will have to go to other homes but at least they are safe. PLEASE take them get them off the street. You will be glad you did. These babies do not know where there next meal is coming from and its not good outside.
Make sure you have a kitty pan,litter, & food.
Thank you for helping them.