Moving my cats to an apt. with one inaccessible window and little sunlight. How can I help them deal with the changes?

My husband and I are moving from Southern California to Seattle. In our current home, our cats love sunbathing in the window. In our new apartment, we will only have one window, which will be inaccessible to them. Even if it was accessible, it's cloudy often. I thought about heat lamps but I'm afraid they'll get hurt. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to provide a safe, warm, window-like environment for them?

Asked by Member 1194346 on Oct 14th 2013 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

This will be good for all of you... lights for people with SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). It's for people who get depressed due to a lack of sunlight (and Vitamin D). It happens A LOT in places with little natural sunlight like Buffalo, Seattle etc. Doctors up there know what it is and can direct you to buying the right kind of lights that are safe and will un-gloom your new home space. Get the cats a cat climbing tree too to maximize the vertical space available. ^_^