Moved house, female cat already there, I bought my 2 cats. All neutered, my female is being aggressive to her brother!!!

1. All neutered
2. Savannah is kept separate from tabitha and roco
3 tabitha and roco have been always close both now 1.5 years old
4. Since the move tabitha bullies roco he does not hiss or growl back.

Asked by Member 632411 on Oct 26th 2013 Tagged help, advice, aggressive, movedhouse, growling, hissing, related in Aggression

Answers

This is natural behavior... she is unhappy and taking it out on her brother. He knows she's upset (he is too) and is letting her get used to the new place. Give them extra attention, space, climbing perches, scratchers, toys, treats and things that smell like their old home to aid in the adjustment. Calming spray might work in a particular location if you can ascertain one. Finally, give her time; cats are very territorial and many react poorly to an address change. Don't forget to get new id tags with the new address and phone in case they get out... ^_^