Medicine overload? -- 7 week old kitten

I got my kitten from a woman who was giving them away about five days ago. She's been doing well, eating and using the restroom regularly but today she has diarrhea. It seems to be very painful for her and she just isn't herself. She was kept outside and I am now finding flea dirt on her. I just sat down to order her vaccine (3 way) and some dewormer but I now need to get flea meds as well. Is it safe to deworm her, vaccinate her and treat her for fleas (tablets are the only thing rated for such a young age) all aat the same time? Please help.

-Suka & Axel

Asked by Member 1175088 on Jun 12th 2013 in Vaccinations

Answers

I would bring her to a vet, even if you know what you are doing. There are fungi like ringworm, hookworm and mange that are all contagious to humans. Kitten shots and flea meds do not start until 9 weeks or more. If you have carpeting and she's been on it, the contact can infect your feet, or your children! Better safe than sorry, especially with a future family member. You will have to bring her in for a spay anyway... ^_^