Looking for design ideas for cat tree and ramp (2-3 steps) for 2-year-old moderately impaired CH (spastic) kitty.

She uses the tree and steps on her own, but it can be nerve-racking! I was thinking of a tree where the steps would decrease in size as they went up, so she'd fall onto the step below if she fell off. For the ramp, I was thinking maybe a slight curve in the ramp(to force her to stay on it). She's doing great--loves the world and exploring.

Asked by Member 1112482 on May 24th 2012 Tagged wobbliecats, cattrees, ramps in Pet Products

Answers

max

Why do you think Your 2 year old wants an escalater? She wants to play and exercise not be a bubble cat. Cats land on their feet.they don't need overprotective moms and dads. If you want to hover over something get an exotic bird

max answered on 5/25/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Khloe

I'm actually trying to think of similiar ideas. My cat is paralyzed in her back legs so I'm trying to design a catio with ramps so she can still climb and move around. If that works maybe I'll try and make a tree. My catio idea has straight ramps going up the sides of a 12X8 enclosure and a hide box at the tob and bottom, but platforms at each corner where the ramp inclines. (in case she needs to take a break)

Khloe answered on 7/26/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer