Hamish

Litter trays VS the great outdoors; is it better to use a litter box or poop in the garden?

Currently I am going out in the garden to poop and pee, but my mommy is wondering if this is the best option for me?
For example, if I had diarrhea my mommy wouldn't be able to find out as quickly as she would if I used a litter box.
Would it be better for me if I started to use litter trays again? After all, if I was using litter trays, my mommy wouldn't have to worry about me pooping in the neighbours' gardens!

Asked by Hamish on Jun 18th 2013 Tagged littertrays, litter, outside in Health & Wellness

Answers

I am an indoor only kitty & I believe that all kitties should be indoor only. There are too many dangers outside. It doesn't take long for something horrible to happen. I do think litter boxes are the best option. You are right, your Mommy can tell quicker & easier if something may be wrong with you by cleaning your litterbox.

Nicholas

Is there any way your cat could become an indoor only cat? An indoor cat can live 5-7 years longer than a cat that goes outdoors. If this is not an option, then yes, your cat should have a litter box and be encouraged to use it. Maybe the cat could live indoors but have supervised visits outside? Has your cat had it's shots for Feline luekemia, Feline AIDS, rabies,distemper, etc? Good luck!

Nicholas answered on 6/24/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

More Questions in This Category