List all causes of ear itch with means to identify which is which.

I saw a vet and was told bacteria was a problem. They sold me a 1 dose fix for $80.00 and it turned out to be a cure for worms, not ear itch. Incompetent fraud vet. I will do this on my own if I am able. HELP!

Asked by Member 1151975 on Jan 25th 2013 Tagged eartroubles, itching, scratching in Health & Wellness

Answers

Nova

If you dont like the vet you went to go to another your cat might have and ear infection or ear mites both can possibly make the cat loose its hearing you need to go to a vet ASAP

Nova answered on 1/26/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Good Grief!I understand your anger! Sometimes, medications have dual purposes, like Lyrica for humans which is prescribed for neuropathy in diabetics and also for those of us who suffer with Fibromyablgia, but it doesn't sound like that's what happened in your case. Ear itch can be due to mites which leave black crusty residue in and around the ears. It can also be due to allergies and a plain old ear infection. In any case, you should not medicate or stick things in your cat's ears by yourself. Cat's and dog's ears are different from humans and without understanding how they're different and having the instruments and veterinary skills to know what's wrong,what you're looking at and how to treat what's wrong, you could do permanent damage and even cause deafness. After I spoke with the veterinary board in my state (google it) about this vet, I'd be finding a new vet and having them treat my cat's ears. And I would explain to them what I've dealt concerning the other vet.