Kitty in the middle of the road

As I was driving home down a non-busy road a few blocks from my house, I saw a cat in the middle of the road! If I had been going faster, I would've hit it. It was not even atempting to move whatsoever, so I got out and slowly approached it. It was obviously a housecat- though really old, it was well-groomed. It let me pet it and was rubbing up against me, but it still wasn't getting out of the road. so I picket it up and carried it to the sidewalk where there are some houses, figuring it lived in one of them. When i held it it didn't put up a fight it just went limp in my arms which I thought was kind of odd. Anyway, once I got home all I could think about was the cat. What if it was sick or something was wrong with it? What if it didn't have a home? Did I do the right thing by leaving it??

Asked by Member 1109247 on Oct 6th 2012 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Maybe you could drive over there again and see if the cat is still outside. The fact that he didn't move could mean he was sick in some way. Good luck!