Kratos

Kitty had surgery and now his one third eyelid is covering 1/2 of his eye! Anyone else experience this?

Asked by Kratos on Jul 31st 2012 Tagged thirdeyelid in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

It sounds like your kitty has Horner's Syndrome, which causes dilation of the pupil, the appearance of the eye being "sunken in" and the covering of the eye by the 3rd eyelid. The actual syndrome can be treated with drops or salve, which usually clear it up. However, the syndrome can be caused by medication, nerve damage, or even an ear infection. Your kitty needs to go back to the vet for a more thorough diagnoses and treatment.

Kira

I agree with Izzie.You didn't say what type of surgery Kratos had but if the vet did not tell you that it was a possible side effect then at the very least, you need to call your vet and ask about it. Kira had surgery to remove a polyp in her nasal passages several years ago and she did get Horner's syndrome from the procedure but I was told that it would happen, it actually started before I picked her up and it did go away after a few days.

Kira answered on 8/1/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer