kittens eyes are pinkish red around them.What could it be?He was left alone 4 the first time. Allergies?crying? Infected

HELP! (First time cat owner!)
I recently rescued a kitten, today was his first day alone while I worked an 8 hour shift.
When I got home I realized that around his eyes were a pinkish color. I'm not sure it it was from crying from being alone all day, allergies or he got into something that agitated them.
This was also his first full day the apartment. I've only had his for a week.
Please help.

Asked by Member 1208072 on Jan 7th 2014 Tagged alsohisfirsttimeatthisapartment in Health & Safety

Answers

Cats do not cry like people. How old is this kitten, and where did he come from? If he has not been to a vet, you need to bring him NOW. It sounds like he has a cold or is sick. Kittens need three sets of shots for full immunity. If your kitten does not have any, find a local vet asap. Feed him a healthy kitten food like MaxKitten until he is a year old, when you can switch to adult food. Look at pet insurance plans too if you would like to pace out your expenses. ^_^