Kitten Sneezing with runny nose.

I bought a kitten a few days ago, and I noticed that he is sneezing. Today when he woke up he had mucus coming out of his nostril and his eyes appear a little wattery. I am bringing him to the vet in 2 days. I was just wondering if I should keep him separate from my other cats until then? Or what should i do?

Asked by Member 752278 on Oct 13th 2008 in Illness & Disease

Answers

Mr. Fez (Angel Dreamboat #25)

He probably has an upper respiratory infection. I would see if the vet can see him sooner than 2 days from now. And yes, I would keep him seperated from your other cats til he gets examined by the vet.

Mr. Fez (Angel Dreamboat #25) answered on 10/13/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

It sounds like your kitten has an Upper Respiratory Infection or "URI", and they are contaigious although older cats can fight them off more successfully. You need to contact wherever you bought this kitten from because it sounds like it was sick when you got it. You may be able to get them to pay part of the vet care. What should you do? I would take him to the vet's today or as soon as you can. If he is a young kitten, this could be fatal and his condition will only worsen without treatment.