Kitten not eating??

I have a 12 week old kitten, we adopted him 3 weeks ago. I have been feeding him Wellness wet and dry food. He has not been a huge fan of the dry food, he will eat a few nibbles but not much. He loved the wet food, however recently, he has not been eating it. Should I change his food? I picked Wellness because of the great reviews, the no meat by-products, grain free, etc. Any suggestions??

Asked by Member 1188598 on Sep 5th 2013 Tagged wellness, kittennoteating in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Hii.. Your cat is not eating because:
may be she has got Recent vaccination.
Travel and unfamiliar surroundings may cause for her ignorance of food.
it may be Finickiness or psychological issues.

Solution:
Whether your cat is sick, anxious, or just plain picky, remember that a complete refusal of food can have devastating consequences. So, even if you’re trying to make your cat eat a doctor-prescribed diet, never starve your cat into eating a certain type of food.

Try MaxCat kitten dry food, it's what Pookie started on 18+ years ago and she lived until age 17. It is chicken flavor and is satisfaction guaranteed. When changing foods you need to switch slowly, over the course of a week so the kitten does not get icky poo. If he does, it is temporary and should resolve itself within a week. Pookie loved Nutro Max Kitten food! It comes in two wet kitten flavors too, chicken and liver or chicken and oceanfish. ^_^

Kaylee & Amelia

It is great that you are feeding a high-quality food. Your cat might still be adjusting to being in your home. Make sure his food and water bowls are in a quiet, safe space with little food traffic. You could try switching foods if you want. I always look for foods with no grains, by-products, fillers, artificial preservatives, colours or flavour enhancers. All of those are completely unnecessary ingredients. Some of my favourites for canned: Nature's Variety, Tiki, Weruva, BFF, Wellness :). Kibbles: Orijen, Acana, Nature's Variety. Keep in mind that cats don't need kibble, and in fact, it is very moisture depleted, so never feed only kibble.

Remember, if you do decide to change his food, do it slowly or he may get diarrhea.

Kaylee & Amelia answered on 9/26/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer