Pippa

Is there a good place/forum on Catster to post about a lost kitty?

My Mom's kitty went missing and we are heartsick. I am hoping the Catster family can help us spread the word and find her. Thank you in advance! <3

Asked by Pippa on Sep 20th 2012 Tagged lost, lostcat in Forums

Answers

Oh, no! I am so sorry! I've seen Catsters edit their cat's profile and add "missing" to the name. But, since we are a nationwide website, unless someone in your neighborhood also belongs to Catster and sees her profile, the odds are against your finding her here. If you haven't already, in your area, notify animal control (through the police), vets, local shelters and rescues, and check at the big box pet stores to see if they have a "lost & found" board. When I lost Lily, I did all those things and put notices on stop signs, etc. Include a photo, of course. You can also check around your mom's and her neighbors' yards. If she's not used to being out, she will hide. Look under things like decks, porches, campers, cars, boats, bushes, etc. Sometimes it's easier to do it at night with a flashlight b/c their eyes glow in the dark, but make sure the neighbors know you're there and what you're doing. We will say a prayer for your Mom's kitty to return. Please let us know what happens!