Is my cat a rare breed of pure black cats?

My cat is pure black with a beautiful shiny short coat. His paw pads are even black and he has black spots in his mouth. His eyes range from a yellowish copper color to a yellowish green color. He's extremely affectionate and he talks....a lot lol. I was watching cats 101 on animal planet and they had a rare breed of cat on there (I can't remember the name) but it resembled my cat a lot. Any ideas if my little Bageera could be in that family?

Asked by Member 1035183 on May 27th 2011 in Breeds

Answers

You may be referring to a Bombay? That is one breed that I am sure they profiled on Cats 101. Without seeing a picture, I can't agree if he resembles one or not. But if you did not get your cat from a Bombay breeder then it is highly unlikely that he is one. He is most likely just a beautiful black domestic shorthaired kitty. www.cfa.org

Louie (1996-2013)

Your cat sounds just like my Louie, and he's a domestic short hair. Bombays are very rare, and have a distinctive look. Just be happy you have a healthy black kitty!

Louie (1996-2013) answered on 5/28/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer