Kodi

Is Kodi a dilute calico or a dilute tortoiseshell? Or is there a difference?

She look like both to me.

www.google.com

www.google.com

Asked by Kodi on Oct 28th 2010 in Breeds

Answers

No doubt about it--not a calico. A calico (whether dilute or not) is mostly white with large, well-defined patches of red and black (or cream and grey). With a tortoiseshell, the colored areas are smaller and/or mixed together. A tortoiseshell and white cat (at least in the Maine Coon world, and Maine Coon coloring is generally the same as that of the regular domestic cat population) has a white bib and belly and white feet. There is a slight possibility that you're a patched tabby, but I doubt it. By the way, as I'm sure you know, tortoiseshell and calico are coloration patterns and not breeds (some people think calicos are a breed). Tortie and calico coloration occurs in many breeds of cats. For an example of non-dilute tortie and white Maine Coons, see my Leila and Chibi. Of your Google pictures, the first is a dilute patched tabby and white, the second is a calico (although the tabby rings on the tail could mean patched tabby), and the third is a dilute tortie like Kodi.

Chibi answered on 10/28/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Raimi Cyan Rayfield

Def. a dilute tortie. Calicos have white generally.

Raimi Cyan Rayfield answered on 11/16/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

♥ Misty ♥

I think Dilute Calico because of the white.

♥ Misty ♥ answered on 12/23/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer