Oreo

Is it true that when your cat blinks at you slowly their giving you love kisses? I have noticed that about my cat. Cute.

Asked by Oreo on Nov 24th 2012 in Socialization

Answers

Batfink

Cats and most of thier Feline relitives have a very complicated and mostly silent communtication, language system.
Generally, when a cat uses vocal cues other than hissing etc, it is thier attempt at reaching us as they notice we communticate vocally. The main part of cat communication is subtle facial expression and body language.
When a cat is relaxed in someones prescence, they can show thier trust and comfort by slowly closing thier eyes, this shows the feel comfortable,very cute, and a great privalige!

Batfink answered on 11/25/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

October

Yes! If you are ever trying to calm, tame or have a relationship with a cat (such as at an animal shelter!) that is scared, not well socialized or sometimes even acting aggressively-usually out of fear!- this is one of the things I greatly recommend. I call it "Peaceful Eyes". It's not only slowly blinking, but also if you squint at them and then slowly close your eyes until you can not even see them anymore and then hold it, then peek at them from time to time. It's sort of fun and once they do it back you should go for the next "move forward" in your relationship with them. I've used the method to help chill out many cats in shelters and even tame feral kitties.

October answered on 11/25/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer