Fluffy

Is it okay for our cat to stay by herself for a whole week? our neighbor is going to come and check on her during the

time we are gone but she has never been alone for so much time so I am a bit worried.

Asked by Fluffy on Jul 18th 2012 in Separation Anxiety

Answers

~Purrcy ~ Meohmy

Up until last year when we went on vacation, I always boarded my cats at a "cats only" facility.
Last summer I had one of my neighbors come in and feed my cats twice daily. She did a great job.
I gave her a detailed list of my cats feeding schedule and when to change the litter, vet phone #, etc. I also left a blank cheque for emergency use in the event one of the cats needed emergency care.
Although I think the cats did miss us, they were less traumatized by not having to go to the kennel.
This this worked out very well for me and my cats.
Cats are pretty independent so having someone go in once or twice a day seems reasonable to me.

~Purrcy ~ Meohmy answered on 7/18/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

CC

yah i think its ok to leave her alone..unless she is a very skittish and mommy loving cat she will do alright. and to ease your own mind you should call the personel taking care of your cat to check up on how she is doing...have fun on vacation by the way!!! :D

cc

CC answered on 7/20/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer