Charlie

Is it ok to leave your kitten alone for 3 days?

I am leaving my 4-month old kitten, Charlie, home alone for 3 days, 2 nights. Friday morning- Sunday morning. This is the longest I will be leaving him, the most I have is a regular work day 9 hrs. I leave him free to have the whole house to himself, and he is very well behaved. I have not had any sort of accidents or reason not to trust him. I am having a friend come over each day I am gone to check in on him both in the morning and night. He has many toys and will leave the blinds open on the windows because he loves to watch the birds outside. I am still have some anxiety about leaving him because I don't want to scare him or give him any reason to be afraid. Please give me any advice or feedback.

Asked by Charlie on Jul 31st 2013 in Kittens

Answers

He will be fine, leave him new toys and you can entertain him with the TV on mute. Your friend will feed him, change his water and poop the litter each day. Have him or her spend at least 15 minutes with the kitten, giving him attention and playing with him. Do not let him pick up on your separation anxiety, or he will begin to act out. Your friend can also give him a few treats each day, like Greenies Smartbites for healthy skin and fur. ^_^