Winston

Is it ok for my kitten to be mostly drinking Whiskers cat milk?

My kitten literally will not touch his water obviously because he prefers his cat milk. But in this heat I don't want to take his milk away so that he has no option - he needs his fluids at the moment. Is it ok for him to mainly drink cat milk? Or is there a health risk?

Thanks to anyone who answers my question.

Asked by Winston on Jul 7th 2013 in Pet Food

Answers

Kittens will NOT get the extra protein that they need from grown cat milk- you should be feeding kitten formula. It's best to get the powdered kind and then mix it to oatmeal consistency, then add wet food and eventually dry. The kitten should be eating dry food solid by 6 weeks. Find out how old your kitten is, and then get Max Cat kitten food cans. There are two good flavors- chicken and liver or chicken and oceanfish. They are little cans and be sure to get the kitten kind. If your kitten is old enough, you can get the Max Kitten dry food also and mix it in with the oatmeal mixture and let it sit 15 minutes before serving. Cats need water and you should always have a fresh bowl out... ^_^

Kaylee & Amelia

A great way to increase moisture intake is to include canned food in your cat's diet. Cats do not have enough of a thirst drive so they will not drink enough water.

How old is your kitten?

I think including the cat milk is okay, but you should try to encourage his water intake by getting some good quality (no grains, fillers, byproducts, artificial preservatives, colours) canned foods and mixing water in with them when you feed them. Don't forget to add the canned food slowly into his diet or he may get diarrhea!

Kaylee & Amelia answered on 9/26/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer