Ammy

Is it normal for cats to have moles or skin tags?

Lately I've noticed that my 7 month old Devon kitten has a few raised spots on her that closely resemble moles or skin tags. One is normal skin tone, it does not seem to itch, and also does not seem to cause her pain when I touch it. Another I just noticed on her forehead today. It's slightly redder than the rest of her skin but again does not seem to itch or cause pain. My cat is completely indoors. I also know for a fact she does not have fleas or ticks. Has anyone else noticed such spots on their cat?

Asked by Ammy on Jan 17th 2010 Tagged moles, spots, skin in Health & Wellness

Answers

Char Char

Yes I have two on my head its just like a human we carry the same marker and make them as you humans do. :) This is what moms vet told her at least.

They said as long as mine dont bug me they are fine. Or if they grow large suddenly. Mom says not to worry.

Also I am in door kitty too. I was out doors once for a little bit and I hated it. I love to sit on moms feet and her pillows and be safe and dry.

Kittens are less common to have skin tags too but its not unheard of. See www.petforums.co.uk

Char Char answered on 1/18/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I'm not a vet, but I would imagine that any living creature with skin could develop tags. And, like with humans, we need to keep an eye on those and have them taken care of if they become red or itchy. Tags usually form in places where there's friction, like under the legs or around the neck. My Husky/Shepherd had these also and we used to have the vet remove them. But I learned that as long as they didn't cause her problems, they actually would eventually dry up and fall off.

Willow

Thats interesting because I have two cornish rex and they both have a skin tag/ mole on the back of their two front legs. I have no idea what they are.Maybe it's a mutation from the rex gene?

Willow answered on 10/31/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

More Questions in This Category