Is it normal for a long haired cat to lose clumps of fur? Not noticing any bald spots.

I've just had him a week and he's my first long hair. I find mostly little clumps of fur on the carpet, maybe 1-2 medium clumps. He's eating pretty good and body functions are normal. Just a bit of a worrier so I thought I'd ask. Thanks!

Asked by Member 1188726 on Sep 6th 2013 in Grooming

Answers

It sounds like my fluffy girl, but since he's new you should take him to the vet anyway for an introductory check-up. Natural Choice cat food guarantees skin and coat, and there are formulas like grain free, hairball, indoor and finicky. ^_^

Merle

I'm pretty sure it's fine. My long haired cat, Disco Stu, did the same thing until we shaved him. If you're not noticing any bald spots and if he IS eating well and if his bodily functions ARE indeed normal than I wouldn't worry. If you are still worried I would go to the vet mainly for your sake, and so you won't have to worry anymore.

Merle answered on 5/23/15. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer