is canned salmon cat food safe to feed my male cat. I was told salmon is not good for male cats

Asked by Member 1084383 on Jan 14th 2012 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

I could not fine a definitive answer to your question, but most people seem to agree that human canned fish like tuna and salmon isn't good for cats on a regular basis, especially canned salmon since it contains tiny bones that could split and puncture an intestine. The mercury and ash level in canned salmon was also mentioned and I would imagine that salmon cat food would be the same way. If your cat likes the taste of fish, I've put clam juice on my cats' food occasionally. Your vet should be the final authority on your cat's diet since they know your cat and his health history.