Is a 3 month old kitten a good companion for a 1 year old cat? My cat is still very much a kitten at heart though.

my one year old cat love to play but my husband and I dont always have the time and energy to play with him all the time. We have been thinking about adopting a 3 month old kitten as a companion for him. Good idea?

Asked by Member 1001686 on Aug 23rd 2010 in Other Kittens

Answers

It really depends on the 2 cats involved. When you go to adopt a cat, speak with the staff at the shelter or rescue. They know their kittens/cats and can place one with you who will accept an 'older brother'. Do not impulse adopt just because you see a kitten who is "cute" (they all are) or you like the markings/color of the cat. You need to have the shelter staff recommend a kitten for you and your resident cat. There is no reason why it shouldn't work as long as you handle the introductions right (the shelter staff can also help you there)and you pick the right kitten. Good luck and let us know how it turns out!