I'm thinking of adopting a 3rd cat. I used to have 3 but 1 died. I have an elderly female cat 13 years old and a 1 year

I have a elderly female cat of 13 years and a 1 year old male cat, both are fixed. I used to have another male beta type cat also 1 year old that died. Should I get another male or female cat beta type personality. My male cat is horny & tries to have sex with the female who doesn't want to be bothered, would getting a female give him a girlfriend & playmate or just be another cat who might reject him?

Asked by Member 1131511 on Sep 19th 2012 in Choosing the Right Pet

Answers

Chances are that the male isn't "horny", but just asserting his dominance over the female. If you are planning to add to your feline family, go to www.petfinder.com and look up shelters in your area. They are all overwhelmed with cats and have a wide variety to choose from. Speak with the staff and answer all their questions honestly. They know their cats and will be able to suggest which ones in the shelter will best fit into your household. They can also advise you on how to introduce the cats to each other in the best way.