Mailey

I'm not sure what breed my cat is. She is black and white and has long fur.

She is black and white with a long tail and sort of small ears. She has long hair and white whiskers.

Asked by Mailey on Jun 13th 2011 in Breeds

Answers

Welcome to Catster! One of the things my mom says is that it seems to be a lot easier to determine what breeds go into making up a particular dog than a cat. If a cat has big, pointy, tufted ears, has large paws and a big bushy tail, there's good bet there is a Maine Coon sitting somewhere on its family tree. But, for the most part, unless you could submit one of those DNA test kits on Mailey, there isn't really a definitive way to tell just who your ancestors were. Most people on this site will tell you that you are a "DSH" or "domestic short hair" or a "moggie", which is cat-speak for a mutt. But don't fret. It just makes you all that much more interesting!