I'm looking for a cat carrier that you place over the cat, like a lid on a casserole, and then the bottom slides under.

Does anyone know where I can purchase such a carrier?

Asked by Member 428692 on Feb 29th 2008 Tagged mycatwontentercarrier in Carriers

Answers

Tinker Bell 2003-2006

Are you asking this because your cat doesn't like it's carrier?
Actually, cats love small spaces like carriers. They just grow to hate them because we always take them to places they don't like. To make your cat lie it's carrier, a) leave it open and let kitty explore, b) use is as a bed for kitty, c) don't always use the carrier for vet trips. Also use it to bring your cat to places it enjoys.

Tinker Bell 2003-2006 answered on 2/29/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Poe

I haven't seen a cat carrier like that, but you could always check on dog carriers as well. Many breeds of dog are smaller than some cats, so they have a broad variety of sizes, shapes and mechanics. Generally there is a better selection when it comes to dog carriers, but be careful because not all dog carriers fasten securely which can mean an easy escape for a cat or kitten. I chose a pop-up, well ventilated dog carrier for Chaucer because he is so big. Poe can easily fit in there, too. I like that is is open and big so that when we travel out of town it is like they have their own private room where they can retreat. I leave it open in the living room with toys in it so that they are used to it and unafraid. It won't hurt to check on-line pet products and find what the product should cost before you go to a local retailer. Usually, if you do your homework first and know exactly what you are looking for you won't wind up paying $50 for a $10 carrier. Happy Shopping!

Poe answered on 2/29/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Lucy Belle

You must be talking about the Sleepypod!

Here's where you can get it:-

www.pawsupply.com

It's an awesome carrier. When not in use, remove the top and the bottom double as a bed. My kitten though, prefers to sleep on the top/lid, turned over. Strange.

Lucy Belle answered on 3/3/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

More Questions in This Category