I'm having problems with my 7 month old kitten in waking me up at 1 am for food and she's not really eating her dry food

Asked by Member 1183166 on Jul 30th 2013 in Pet Food

Answers

Sprinkles

dry food isn't particularly good for cats to begin with, check out this link

www.catinfo.org

Sprinkles answered on 8/13/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Do not let your cat get into this habit. If she is eating a grocery store brand, they have by products, artificial flavors and fillers that are not as good for them as foods from the pet store. Try NutroMax Kitten for your baby's first year. To help the kidneys, you can give 1/2 a small cat can three times a week of wet food. Feed wet in the morning; Max Kitten comes in chicken and oceanfish & chicken and liver canned varieties. Use the chart on the side of the bag to see how much you should be feeding per day... once in the morning and once at dinner... the amount varies by age in months and weight. ^_^

Kaylee & Amelia

I recommend looking for a grain-free, by-product free kibble. The one the previous answer suggested has corn and wheat in it, which are both common allergens in cats. Your cat may not like the current kibble you're feeding her. Brands to look for: Orijen, Nature's Variety Instinct, and Acana are all great kibbles! (You could also consider not feeding kibble anymore as it is associated with a lot of health issues). If you continue feeding kibble, maybe feed kibble for one meal with a little bit of canned mixed in to get your cat to eat it. Then slowly decrease the amount of canned you add each day until she is eating only the kibble.

If you can, try feeding your kitten three smaller meals a day instead of two. I feed my 5 month old kittens at 9am, 3 or 4pm and 10pm and I only get woken up during the night for playtime! LOL.

Kaylee & Amelia answered on 9/26/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer