IHAVE A NEW LITTLE GIRL FERAL I THINK SHE LETS ME FEED HER 2 TIMES A DAY. SHE SLEEPS IN THE LITTLE HOUSE I MADE FOR HER

IHAVE A NEW CAT THAT HAS COME TO ME FROM GOD KNOW WERE.I FEED HER 2 TIMES A DAY EVERYDAY.SHE STAYS ON MY PORCH ALL DAY PLAYING THE OTHER 2 CATS THAT I FEED EVERYDAY LIKE HER NO FIGHTING YET THANK GOD.WELL I MADE A LITTLE HOME FOR THEM ON THE PORCH AND ON VERY COLD NOGHTS THEY STAY THER IN THEIR LITTLE HOMES I HAVE 3 HOMES 1 FOR EACH OF THEM.WELL I WANT THE LITTLE GIRL TO COME IN AND LIVE INSIDE WITH US.I WANT TO GET HER TO MY VET FOR SHOTS AND TO GET FIXED.SHE WILL LET ME PUT HER FOOD DOWN AND SHE JUST STAND RIGHT NEXT TO ME SHE DOES NT RUN AWAY AT MEAL TIME SHE WILL LET ME PUT IT DOWN FO HER SHE IS ONLY A FEW INCHES AWAY NOW EACH DAY SHE IS GETTING BETTER SHE WILL NOT RUN NOW.SHE KNOW HER NAME I CALL HER BABY WHEN SHE STARTS TO RUN I JUST CALL HER NAME AND SHE WILL STOP AND TURN TO LOOK AT ME AND SOON AS SHE SEE THE DOOR SHUT SHE COMES RIGHT TO THE FOOD.HOW DO I GET HER TO COME INSIDE ? PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS I WANT HER INSIDE. PLEASE HELP ME GET HER INSIDE PLEASE I DONT KNOW HOW.

Asked by Member 1157018 on Feb 26th 2013 in Other Adoption & Rescue

Answers

You have to move slowly with a feral cat. You have to let her gain your trust. Remember, she has probably not had any shots and you don't want to get bitten. It took me about 3 months before my feral that I was feeding would rub against my leg, and in another few months I could pet her. It takes time to gain that trust. But she is outside and I think it's a wonderful thing that you want to maker her a pet, she will love you forever if you are able to do this. You could find a cat rescue in your area that will trap her for you and get her into the vet to get checked out and spayed etc, or they may just give you the trap so that you can trap her and bring her in. You could then see if she is tame enough to make a house cat. Or, you could trap her, get her fixed, shots and then release her back in your neighborhood. This is the case with my feral, as she is not a cat we could ever make an indoor pet, she has lived outside for years as a feral. Good luck, you are great to do this for her!

Beep's advice is amazing! And absolutely right. I'd just like to add that no matter how friendly this Angel acts around you at mealtime, do not, under any circumstances try to grab her to force her into your home or to "cuddle" her. If she is truly feral and not just stray, believe me, you could wind up in the emergency room and if you have other animals in your home, she will attack them as well. If you have a shelter or rescue organization in your city, contact them for advice. Many of them have volunteers who have much experience with feral cats and even if they don't have time to help you trap or "tame" her, they can give you great advice on what to and not to do. Good luck, and when she becomes a part of your family, join Catster and post pictures of your new little love!