I was told that in Israel they announced a Non Allergenic Cat Breed. Is this true and if so, anyone know the Breed name?

Asked by Member 985019 on May 3rd 2010 Tagged allergy, allergenic in News & Events

Answers

I don't know of any hypoallergenic cat in Israel specifically, but there is a company in the United States, called "Allerca" that claims to have developed a totally hypoallergenic cat. They also charge $7,000 for a kitten. I've also heard that the Siberian breed of cats is less allergenic. This is something you'd have to do much research on. There are also shots and pills...

Simon Birch

Please take my advice when I say that I have heard terrible things about Allerca. I have read many many statements from people online saying that after they sent thousands of dollars they still have no kitten months down the road. Google it for some more information. As for a non allergenic cat, I haven't heard anything about it. But breeds like the sphynx and cornish rex tend to cause a lesser reaction in people with cat allergies.

Simon Birch answered on 5/4/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer