Anaka

I wanted to know if I am a wegie? When I was adopted, my people were told I was maine coon, but they are not so sure!

I do trill in my meow and I have very long fur between my toes!

Asked by Anaka on Dec 20th 2008 in Norwegian Forest Cat

Best Answer

Well, you're certainly not a purebred Norwegian Forest Cat ("Wegie"). Technically, you are a Domestic Long Hair or Domestic Medium Hair. I would guess that you're a Maine Coon mix, since you have ears, eyes, a muzzle and a tail that suggest MC blood. On the other hand, your round face suggests a large dose of generic cat blood, and although your ears and eyes look MCish in some photos, in others they look like those of any non-breed cat. On the other hand, your straight profile is suggestive of a NFC, and your muzzle in some photos does look a bit pointed in the NFC way. However, NFCs have small, rounded, widely set ears, slanted eyes, and tails that are shorter than yours. I doubt that you have any NFC blood in you, EXCEPT for the fact that naturally occurring MCs seem to have some NFC characteristics. I'm not sure about NFC meows, but MCs do tend to trill (although not always). My vote goes for "Maine Coon mix."

Lola answered on Dec 20th.

Answers

I'm not sure what a "wegie" is, but my Izzie is a MC mix and Anaka sure looks like him. Unless you got papers when you adopted her, she's probably not purebred and could have a big family tree. In any case, she is a beautiful cat!