I want to get a Persian kitten, but don't know much about them. Can someone help me?

Asked by Member 1118323 on Oct 18th 2013 in Breeds

Best Answer

Cherry Bomb

I adopted an adult female (3 years old) from a really good breeder. I am now the proud owner of two Persians. They are like lays potato chips, can't have just one! They are the sweetest, most intelligent, laid back, playful cats ever. You have to be willing to do some work though. They require DAILY grooming. At least in their problem areas like belly and underarms. You must bathe them at least every 3 weeks. There is some money involved getting the grooming tools, 40.00 special comb, 100.00 dryer,etc. Also you have to buy a fountain or make your own (easy and cheap to do) so they don't keep their ruff wet and matted up. If you are looking for a pet that will fill hours of your day with love and pride, a persian is the right cat. If you are always traveling, don't have time for the care, you should go with a short haired cat.

Cherry Bomb answered on Oct 20th.

Answers

Go to the CFA website (Cat Fancier's Association) and look them up by breed. They cost several hundred dollars and should only be purchased from a reputable breeder. ^_^