I want another cat.The problem is my cat now is spoiled.We have a routine together everyday.I don't want him to change

Asked by Member 1131321 on Sep 18th 2012 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Only you can decide for sure if another cat would fit into your family. You already know that there is an extreme overpopulation of animals in this country and if you would consider adding another, you'd be saving a life. Cats are creatures of habit and routine, but that doesn't mean that the new cat couldn't be trained to have the same routine. Doubtless, the newbie and the resident would have to be introduced in the right way to make the adoption successful. This is where the advice of a good rescue or shelter comes in. Go to one and explain your situation. They can counsel you and if they don't feel you would be a good match for another cat, they will tell you. Don't be insulted if they do. Their first concern is the welfare of their cats. Cruise around on www.petfinder.com to see which shelters, rescues and cats are in your area. Be certain that you have the time and are willing to put the effort into making the adoption successful.