Mitzi

I used to go into heat quite often and one day it stopped.Will I be OK? I'm still not spayed..

My owner had heard that cats who are not spayed can develop cancer and die (We had a cat a long time ago who was never spayed and she developed many tumors on her belly [nipples] and we had to euthanize her. I think she did have one litter... I'm an indoor cat and I live with 2 Neutered males (Mowdi & Patches)of which Patches ignores me while Mowdi, who's still a young cat has tried over and over to have his way with me...

Asked by Mitzi on Aug 28th 2010 in Spaying & Neutering

Answers

Cats do not just stop going into heat unless they are quite old. Yes, if you don't get your cat spayed she has a good chance of developing cancer of her reproductive organs and mammary glands. Is there a facility near your home that will spay her for a small fee? Check with a local shelter or SPCA and see if they offer any spay/neuter clinics. Please get kitty spayed ASAP!

Female cats liver longer, happier, healthier lives when they are spayed. Mitzi will not have to go through the discomfort of going into heat or run the risk of escaping in order to find a mate. And you can eliminate the risk of uterine infections and mammary cancer by spaying her. It is really best to spay them before the first heat but still the sooner the better for Mitzi.