Siofra

I took a 2 month old kitten from boss as it was dumped on her. She didnt want her. She meows constantly. Why?

She meows all the time, kept me up last night meowing, meows if im holding her, while shes walking around the apartment...its driving me insane. HELP.

Asked by Siofra on Dec 9th 2012 in Behavior & Training

Answers

You don't say how long you've had this baby, but consider for a moment this little one's past. She is so young and has already had at least 3 homes. Don't think she didn't realize your boss didn't want her. She may not have been abused, but there probably wasn't much affection. She is meowing because she's asking you if this is finally her "forever home". She's wondering what happened to her other 2 homes and the people there. She needs you to be her mama now. Tons of cuddles, pets, playtimes, attention, etc. She could also be telling you she's not feeling well. If she was tossed from home to home, she probably hasn't seen a vet yet. She needs to be examined, vaccinated and spayed. And, some cats are just very vocal. I always answer my cats when they "talk" to me. It's good for their confidence and feelings of "self-worth" and socialization. Once your baby is convinced that she is there to stay, that you love her, will keep her safe and take care of her needs, she'll be fine.