I think one of my cats ate my dogs 100mg rimadyl. What should I do?

I have 5 cats that are about 5 months old. I left the pill in my dogs bowl on the counter and left the room for a minute. When I came back the pill was gone. I didn't see what happened to it but I am very concerned that it was one of the cats. I cannot afford to take 5 cats to the vet.

Asked by Member 1142532 on Nov 27th 2012 in Health & Safety

Answers

Here are the signs to watch for: vomiting,blood in the vomit,diarrhea,black-tarry stool, loss of appetite, lethargy, being overly thirsty and/or peeing a lot, acting like his/her belly hurts and seizures. If you observe ANY of these signs, get the cat to an emergency clinic as soon as you can. Your best bet is to call your vet and alert them to what might have happened. Keep a close eye on the furkids and ask your vet what to do in an emergency.