honeysuckle

i think my 8 mo old kitten is pregnant

she was in heat a few days ago and suddenly she is eating and sleeping alot?

Asked by honeysuckle on Dec 2nd 2012 in Health & Wellness

Answers

If she is not spayed, you were certain she was in heat and during this time she got out or is an outdoor cat, chances are about 99% that she's pregnant. Is there some reason you did not have her spayed? If you don't want her to have the kittens, some vets will do a spay/abortion now. It's more expensive and serious than a regular spay, but unless you are prepared to take care of the kittens for at least 8 weeks and then find them good forever homes, this is an alternative. If she was out for a while, this could be why she has such an appetite and seems so tired. Also, lethargy can be a sign of illness. If she were mine, I'd have her at the vet's as soon as I could to find out what's going on.