I started fostering cats last September, and took in a One y/o Female, her two kittens, and four additional orphan kitte

Asked by Member 1157852 on Mar 3rd 2013 Tagged aggression, foster, spraying in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Answers

Even though your question was cut off, I see by the taglines you ask about house soiling. With 7 cats, technically you should have 8 litter boxes, but that's a bit impractical. Each cat should be tested for a urinary tract infection. The organization you foster for should pay for these tests. Even if one has a UTI and is not using the box, the others will 'cover' the spot with their own urine. If the tests come back clear, invest in some large Rubbermaid underbed storage boxes. These are large, relatively low-sided boxes. I have them for my 3 cats and each one has their own "corner" to use. It's no more trouble to scoop and takes no more litter than four separate boxes. Be sure to thoroughly clean any urine marks with an oxy or enzyme based cleaner and follow the directions. Nature's Miracle needs to be left on a spot for 1/2 hour to work.