I recently adopted an adult, full blood, flat faced Persian that was abandoned in my neighborhood. How do they eat?

If I put dry food in his bowl, he pushes his face into it and the food slides up the sides and out the top. I tried putting it on a newspaper flat on the floor, but he couldn't pick it up. Canned food gives him diarrhea. Help!!

Asked by Member 1172661 on May 29th 2013 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Hi, even though your buddy has a flat face, he should be able to eat dry food. It sounds like you need a bigger bowl that he can put his face in and the food won't overflow. A different size piece of kibble might help also. Natural Choice has a finicky feline adult food bag in maroon with flat rounded disks that he might be able to pick up better. How old is he? If you don't see teeth in his mouth when you look, take him to the vet. He might be old and need both a wet/dry diet from tooth loss also. ^_^ P.S.- Persians are notorious for pooping outside the box, just in case it happens to you!