Tokyo Japan Stephens

I noticed that some of my toys my five-month old kitten has, are catnip toys. Is that bad for him?

It won't mess up his development will it?

Asked by Tokyo Japan Stephens on Jan 13th 2009 Tagged toys, catnip in Toys

Answers

First off, HOW CUTE IS HE! He's wonderful!

Secondly, no. Catnip toys won't hurt him. Catnip may not have a huge effect on him in general. Some cats LOVE catnip, others not so much.

Cleopatra 8/4/96-7/18/13

I agree, You are Precious!

Catnip will not hurt your cat. Like the previous poster, some cats respond to it and others dont. We both LOVE catnip here.... mom will sprinkle some on the floor for us.... hehehe....

Cleopatra 8/4/96-7/18/13 answered on 1/13/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Philbert

not at all! it's not a man made chemical or something. it's totally natural, and if you're kitty doesn't like it, no worries, theres nothing wrong with him. Phil doesn't care for it, and Squeaky goes totally bonkers. all cats are different.

Philbert answered on 1/13/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 3 Report this answer

What a cute kitty and boy is he lucky he lives in Fla.!! The high here in Cleveland today will be 8 degrees! Anyway, I actually grow catnip for my cats outside all summer and am in the process of trying to figure out how to grow it inside for them now. Catnip is actually also called "catmint" and when the leaves are dried, you can make tea for humans out of it. It has the opposite effect on us, like chammomile tea. Izzie has been enjoying catnip since he was 12 weeks old and although some would beg to differ (sometimes even I, myself would when he's just got the Crazies) Izzie's development wasn't affected at all.

I don't think cat nip can effect cats in any way. My cat loves cat nip. I agree, some cats LOVE it others HATE it. They can either LOVE IT OR HATE IT. But it really all depends. If the cat eats it then that is probably a different story.

Bailey

Catnip is safe for all ages of cats and kittens even if they eat it. I gave catnip to my cats tere whole life and Salem ate it all the time as did Diana and they never had a problem with it. They just loved it and would go crazy for it.

Bailey answered on 7/16/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

♥ Misty ♥

Absolutely not. Catnip is fun and safe and enjoyable for any feline thing of any age. Some people say that catnip is like a person being high on drugs though, which may possibly be thought of as something bad. But I disagree, catnip CAN make any kitten cat wild when in progress with it, but they will be compltetely normal afterwards. So no, you do not have to worry at all about catnip being harmful to your kitten's development.

♥ Misty ♥ answered on 8/21/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Trixie

I like catnip, Dad lets me play the new toys he makes.If I like them, they're ready to sell.

Trixie answered on 10/15/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Kittykitty

It's not bad, he just might not react to it. :) Most kittens don't react to catnip at first, and some never do.

Kittykitty answered on 1/19/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Catnip can't hurt him at all.
It's very hard to overdose a cat with catnip.
It won't mess up his development, cats need
to play.
I your cat doesn't react to it, it's OK.
Only 93% of cats react to it.
The other 7% don't.
My cat doesn't react to it.
You have a very beautiful and cute cat.