I need help with de-fleaing my two eighteen week old kittens URGENTLY!!

My kittens are eighteen weeks old and I need help de-fleaing them,I need to know what things to use and how to use them,they love to scratch and bite,once Roxy (the first born) scratched my cheek open and I had to go to hospital but in a week's time my cheek had a massive scab on it, anyway,I'm worried that the same thing will happen again,please help me. Oh,and by the way my name is Taniqua (it's pronounced as Tanika)Michaela Du Preez and I'm nine years old. Please give me an answer soon.

Asked by Member 1133290 on Sep 28th 2012 Tagged mykittenseattopcatcatfoodanddrinkwaterandtheyloveplayingwitheachotherandtheyloveplayingwithsocksandoldpeicesofbandage in Grooming

Answers

Hi, Taniqua! First of all, you will need help doing this for your kittens. There are flea preventatives you can use on them. Promeris is one. It can be used on kittens over 8 wks. of age. You will have to use a new dose on them every month. If you have any other animals, they will need it too. If you have such a bad infestation, you and your family will have to work together to de-flea your house. This means getting some flea powder, putting it in the vacuum bag and then vacuuming the whole house, furniture, curtains, floors, EVERYTHING like crazy. Then throw the bag out. Wash their bedding and your's if they sleep with you. You can even ask a grown-up to get some bug spray for outside that kills fleas and spray it around your house. You will also need to get a "bomb" or a spray can of flea killer. Set it in your house and leave. It will kill any fleas left. If it continues, you may need to call an exterminator. Good luck!

Emma

I'm going to answer this with a couple of posts so you can get a lot of information on each step, so keep reading.
VERY important. Cat scratches and bites can cause really bad infections, so it is important that you take care of them right away. Wash your scratches and bites with soap and warm water. If they bleed, it's OK. Do other first aid things like put on ointment and a bandage. When you get really deep scratches or bites, you might get a scar from them.
Watch your wound. If it turns a little red and gets a little itchy when it's healing, that's OK, but if it gets really red, feels warm when you touch it, and you can see red spreading out in streaks around the scratch or bite, you need to see a doctor because your body is having a very hard time healing and might need help.

Emma answered on 9/30/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer